March 2016 Headteacher & Governor HCC Briefing
- Hertfordshire perspective – Jenny Coles (Stevenage) & Andrew Simmons (Bushey/Ware/Hatfield).
- DfE Updates – Marcus Cooper.
- Ofsted Updates – Marcus Cooper.
- Missing children & young people – Nicky Pace.
- Complaints – Paul Davies.
- Schools HR Update – Chris Williams.
- Budget & Funding Update – Simon Newland/Catherine Tallis.
The presentations & all materials can be downloaded below.
Our intention is to arrange and support other events this year, with the next expected on June 15th. This will be early evening (6 pm) for two hours, with light refreshment available beforehand. We are hoping to find a larger venue for the June event – 15th – put the date in the diary!!
All the following downloads are in PDF format unless otherwise stated.
- Hertfordshire Headteacher Updates – Spring Term. MS Powerpoint file.
- Template – LG pay award NLW and NIC changes info for staff. MS Word file.
- The Education and Adoption Bill 2015.
- The Virtual School – January 2016 onwards
- Behaviour and Discipline in Schools – A guide for headteachers and School Staff.
- Best Practice Advice for School Complaints 2016.
- Commission on Assessment Without Levels – report.
- Counselling in schools.
- DFE RS411 Supporting the attainment of disadvantaged pupils – briefing for school leaders.
- Effective support for disadvantaged pupils achievement.
- High Needs Funding Reform Consultation.
- Parental Responsibility Advice for School January 2016.
- Primary school accountability in 2016.
- Progress 8 school performance measure.
- Schools NFF consultation.
- HMCI Commentaries:
- Alternative provision findings from Ofsted’s three year survey of schools’ use of off-site alternative provision.
- Conduct during Ofsted inspections.
- East of England Ofsted Priorities 2016 to 2017.
- Guidance for inspectors what to do if a child or young person discloses a safeguarding concern.
- Ofsted annual report education and skills.
- Ofsted inspections clarification for schools.
- Parent View toolkit for schools.
- School inspection update January 2016.