Do you need to recruit school or academy governors to your governing body? The following are suggestions from a recent governance publications which can give you ideas of how to recruit.
A Strategy For Governor Recruitment
The National Governors Association’s survey of governors in 2014 found that one third of governing bodies reported difficulties in recruiting governors. A key contributory factor was that many governing bodies did not have:
- A ‘link governor’ with responsibility for championing governor recruitment
- A lack of clarification of the skills required in the new governor(s) sought, hence a lack of focus when recruiting
- Reliance on just one or two means of attracting new governors.
This section looks at;
- The role of a link governor for governor recruitment
- Governing Body Skills Analysis
- A Seven Point Strategy for Recruitment