February 2014 Forum
At Hertfordshire’s Association of School Governors Forum we were treated to two eminent speakers:
- Gillian Cawley, Assistant Director, Commissioner for Education Services and
- Malcolm Leigh, County Integration Manager.
Both speakers are extremely knowledgeable and their expertise shone through.
Gillian’s’ presented on ‘Hertfordshire’s school improvement strategy’ and the aims of the session were to:
- explain the rationale and context for refreshing Hertfordshire’s strategy,
- outline the vision and aims of the strategy,
- share the data behind the setting of priorities,
- clarify the role of the LA, Herts for Learning and schools in school improvement and the MCSI framework,
- gather feedback and reflections to inform the final published document.
All of Gillian’s presentation was straightforward and helpful and should enable governors to better understand how their school is being supported to achieve the best it can.
Malcolm Leigh is well known to governors in Hertfordshire and his regular training is highly recommended. Malcolm’s presentation aimed to;
- highlight key changes to the exclusion regulations implemented on 1/9/12,
- inform governors regarding the new guidance from the DfE and HCC in relation to exclusions,
- provide a forum for discussion and questions.
Malcolm drew our attention to the new legislation that is currently out and spoke of the ‘missing manual’ (which he has now written!). But we would encourage you to attend Malcolm’s training and meet Graham Hollingsworth!
- Malcolm Leigh’s Presentation on Inclusions February 2014,
- Gillian Cawleys Presentation on School Improvement Strategy February 2014.
Last Updated on