HASG Manages Governor Elections to Schools Forum and ICT Working Partnership Group
The Hertfordshire Association of School Governors was asked recently to help Hertfordshire County Council by organising elections to two key Committees.
The first election, between all Hertfordshire Schools was for appointment to the statutory Schools Forum. There were three vacancies arising at the beginning of 2015 as a result of terms of office of current members expiring. The following were elected:
- Carole Connelly of Sarrett Primary School;
- Don Leavy of Hertford St Andrews Primary School; and
- Jackie Webby from Ashlyns Secondary School, Berkhamsted
For more information about the Schools Forum in Hertfordshire see http://www.hertsdirect.org/your-council/hcc/childserv/aboutcs/polplanrep/schoolsforum/
The second election, between HASG Member schools, was to elect a Governor to the ICT Partnership Working Group. Originally one vacancy was arising as a result of the current incumbent standing down. HASG recommended that the number of Governors should be increased to two to ensure a better balance of representation between Primary and Secondary Schools. This was agreed.
The two candidates elected were:
- Karl Newstead of Camps Hill Community Primary and Marriotts Secondary at Stevenage; and
- Geoff Strack of St Nicholas Primary Elstree and Parkside Primary Borehamwood
Further details of the ICT Group can be found here: http://www.thegrid.org.uk/eservices/management/steering/
HASG wishes them all every success in their new roles.