UKGovChat is a weekly Twitter discussion normally taking place between 8:45 and 9:15 every Sunday evening, providing a home for Governors to learn, share, challenge and support each other and improve the governance of all of schools to the benefit of the children and young people. From the original concept being born in 2013, well, as the website says:
Exactly a week later #UkGovChat was born, delivered to over 400 eager followers in a fast and furious chat encompassing “top tips” for new governors and the biggest challenges to effective governance.
The website remains totally independent of any government or commercial interest. To find out more visit UKGovChat at ukgovchat.wordpress.com, search Twitter for hashtag #ukgovchat or follow the group @UKGovChat. The site also has an impressive list of inks to a range of useful blogs and archives of weekly chats going back to 2013. Recent chats were on subjects such as:
- What is the GBs responsibility as far as Health and Safety is concerned?
- What are your hopes for the newly announced Foundation for Leadership in Education?
- What is your school doing about the DfE challenge of ‘character education’?
- What is a Coasting School?
- What will inspection of governance look like under the new framework? Ofsted Special with Sean Harford.
- Your Hopes and Fears for the Next 5 Years.