Since March 2016 the Hertfordshire Association of School Governors (HASG) has been working closely with the Local Authority to provide an additional session of the joint Headteacher and Governor briefing, specifically targeting Governors. During this time the additional session has been well attended.
We are delighted to announce the date for the next session is Thursday 20th June 2019. It will take place between 6 pm – 8 pm with light refreshments served at 5:30 pm at the Beales Hotel, Hatfield (AL10 9NG). Please feel free to join us.
There is a full programme this term and topics will cover:
- Hertfordshire Perspective (standing item).
- Ofsted update (standing item).
- Schools HR update (standing item).
- Safeguarding update (standing item).
- Early years transition project ‘Supporting Smooth Transitions’.
- Parent conflict.
- Attachment Aware and Trauma-Informed Practice.
- SEND update ‘supporting schools to be inclusive’.
We are also delighted that the NHS will be delivering a slot on Mental Health Support in Schools to include:
- Update on the Strategic Leads for Mental Health programme.
- Mental Health Support Teams in Schools.
- Overview of CAMHS system redesign.
- Update on Just Talk and Feeling Good Week.
Numbers are limited so to avoid disappointment and to assist with catering arrangements, please confirm your attendance by emailing email@example.com.
Note about Handouts
Colleagues, in a bid to reduce wastage and printing costs please be aware that we will no longer be handing out printed presentations at our updates. These will be available to print or download onto your electronic device prior to the event from The Grid or the Governors’ portal.
About the Briefings
The Hertfordshire Headteacher updates provide:
- a direct information stream from Hertfordshire County Council to school leaders.
- a regular update on current DfE and Ofsted initiatives alongside local and national priorities.
- important information which is relevant to all schools and academies, regardless of their phase or status.
- high-quality executive summaries of key information, with appropriate follow up materials clearly identified and sign-posted.
These briefings complement those sessions offered by Herts for Learning.
Last Updated on