Since March 2016 the Hertfordshire Association of School Governors (HASG) has been working closely with the Local Authority to provide an additional session of the joint Headteacher and Governor briefing, specifically targeting Governors. During this time the additional session has been well attended.
We are delighted to announce the date for the next session is Thursday 7th March 2019. It will take place between 6 pm – 8 pm with light refreshments served at 5:30 pm at the Beales Hotel, Hatfield (AL10 9NG). Please feel free to join us.
Agenda items this term will include:
- The Hertfordshire and National perspective
- Ofsted & DfE updates
- Safeguarding updates
- Schools HR update
- SEND Transformation.
The remaining session this academic year is Thursday 20 June 2019, and it will also be held at The Beales Hotel, Hatfield. Further details about this event will be disseminated by the Schools Governance Team and the Hertfordshire Association of School Governors (HASG) but can be booked by emailing Caroline Inglis.
About the Briefings
The Hertfordshire Headteacher updates provide:
- a direct information stream from Hertfordshire County Council to school leaders.
- a regular update on current DfE and Ofsted initiatives alongside local and national priorities.
- important information which is relevant to all schools and academies, regardless of their phase or status.
- high quality executive summaries of key information, with appropriate follow up materials clearly identified and sign-posted.
These briefings complement those sessions offered by Herts for Learning.
To assist with catering arrangements please confirm your attendance by emailing Caroline Inglis on email@example.com.