Hertfordshire Outstanding Governor Awards 2015 Nominations Open
Following the success of the 2014 awards the HASG are happy to announce that nominations have opened for the 2015 awards. We aim to celebrate outstanding and distinguished service by school governors in Hertfordshire. The winners of these awards will be announced at the Hertfordshire Governors’ Annual Conference in November 2015.
About the Awards
This is an award for an individual school governor’s work, service, or commitment and not that of a governing body as a whole. The submission therefore needs to make clear the specific role that was played by the school governor, as opposed to any other body or person involved in the school.
You may wish e.g. to nominate the governor who:
- regularly goes above and beyond a school governor’s typical commitment,
- has successfully dealt with a crisis or has been recently successful with a specific project or initiative, which was driven by the individual governor,
- has contributed to improvement in the schools sector – for example, by supporting other governing bodies to improve.
These are only examples and should not be considered as entry categories – other ways of outstanding or distinguished service will be equally worthy of consideration.
Awards & Prizes
- Each winning governor (total of three) will be awarded a £50 prize
- Prizes of £500 will be awarded to the schools of the three winning governors, as given on the nomination form. The £500 is to be spent so it benefits directly the students; it is not to be spent on teaching or teachers as we would like the money to be spent on something the school has not included in its budget.
- All nominators will be put into a prize draw and three will be drawn at random and be awarded a £25 prize.
The nomination form is downloadable from here: