These FrontFoot news updates cover a range of educational areas of interest including matters of policy through to media interest. Click the links below to go to specific categories of interest; when there, the headings link to the full article.
15 September 2016 This report provides key information on the output of educational institutions; the impact of learning across countries; the financial and human resources invested in education; access, participation and progression in education; and the learning environment and organisation of schools. In relation to this the TES is reporting: Falling teacher pay and five other UK education trends revealed by the OECD.
12 September 2016 This green paper includes proposals for independent schools and universities supporting state schools, the expansion and formation of new selective schools and changes to faith school admissions.
12 September 2016 School Standards Minister Nick Gibb addresses the ResearchED national conference.
DfE: School performance measures
- DfE guidance: Progress 8 school performance measure in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- DfE guidance: School performance – 2016 point scores for KS4 qualifications.
- DfE guidance: School performance – 2016 point scores for 16-to-18 qualifications.
- DfE guidance: Performance points – comparing KS4 or 16-to-18 qualifications.
DfE guidance: Timelines (autumn 2016 update)
15 September 2016
What the following organisations must know to plan for the academic year ahead.
- Timeline for academies: mandatory.
- Timeline for free schools, UTCs and studio schools: mandatory.
- Timeline for local-authority-maintained schools: mandatory.
- Timeline for pupil referral units: mandatory.
Useful information to help the following organisations plan for the academic year ahead
- Timeline for academies: useful.
- Timeline for free schools, UTCs and studio schools: useful.
- Timeline for local-authority-maintained schools: useful.
- Timeline for pupil referral units: useful.
14 September 2016 Schools Week is reporting that Justine Greening, the new education secretary, has faced her first grilling from MPs on the education select committee this morning. Here are the highlights…
13 September 2016 Schools Week is reporting that the exams watchdog Ofqual is struggling to link school exam results to teaching quality, its chief regulator has admitted.
15 September 2016 Schools Week is reporting that the government remains committed to the idea of all schools becoming academies and is “pulling together” legislation to enact its Education for All white paper, Justine Greening has confirmed.