HfL’s Governance Services (HfL-GS) have changed the database used by governors’ clerks and Governance Services. The database retains information, input by your clerk, of individual governors and governing boards including address, contact number, email address, the category of governor, term of office, constitution, etc.
The new database provider is GovernorHub, a reputable provider supporting governing boards with a secure database (GDPR compliant), which provides the clerk to governors with a host of tools to continue to maintain a confidential database and keep track of governing board membership, contact details, etc.
Training & Support
They have previously notified clerks (and chairs of governors) of the forthcoming change, and have since liaised with clerks confirming this change and subsequent actions they need to take to help with a smooth transition ahead of the launch date of Thursday 8th February. Training on how to use the new database has been provided for clerks and a video tutorial has been made available to clerks who were unable to attend.
Support for clerks to governors will be available either through Herts for Learning (HfL) Governance Services, or GovernorHub in the event of a technical issue.
The standard GovernorHub package provides access to your clerk only and has the following benefits:
- governor membership details,
- news page with up-to-date media articles,
- ability to allocate responsibilities held by individual governors,
- upload committee structures including membership,
- upload constitution.
As a Local Authority maintained school, there is no cost associated with the implementation of the standard GovernorHub package as this is covered through the de-delegated funding.
As a Hertfordshire Academy, the standard GovernorHub package can be purchased for £62.50 for five months (April to August 2018) before reverting to a 12-month contract from September 2018 at an annual cost of £150.
The premium GovernorHub package provides access to your clerk and all members of your governing board and leadership team, and has the following added benefits:
- access to own personal details,
- filing area for storage of governor documents and records (in a fully GDPR compliant way) thus reducing the number of documents that need to be printed,
- noticeboard for communication with your fellow governors,
- a shared calendar to plan and record meetings,
- downloadable membership lists,
- track meeting attendance – useful for transferring to your website (statutory requirement),
- GovernorHub app can be downloaded and papers accessed through your phone/tablet.
If you were to purchase the premium package directly from GovernorHub, it would cost £400 per annum so we are delighted to be able to offer the following:
- As a Local Authority Maintained school, you can upgrade to the premium GovernorHub package for £75 per annum.
- As a Hertfordshire Academy, the premium GovernorHub package can be purchased for £93.75 for five months (April to August 2018) before reverting to a 12-month contract from September 2018 at an annual cost of £225.
- If you are a Multi Academy Trust (MAT), you can purchase the premium package for £225 per annum with each additional MAT Board included within your contract costing £100 thereafter.
Live from February With Free Premium Trial
We are pleased to advise that clerks will be accessing the standard package as of Thursday 8th February, but during March 2018 Clerks and Governors can access a free trial of the premium package as a ‘try before you buy’ opportunity. Details of how to access this will be sent out shortly.
In March 2018, our annual contract services document will be emailed to settings for selecting which HfL services you wish to purchase. The premium package will be included as an option on your contract. If you decide to purchase this option, please ensure this is ticked on the contract document before returning it to HfL.
Meanwhile, if you would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact us by emailing your query to firstname.lastname@example.org.