Education – Bridging the Gap – Annual Conference
‘Education – Bridging the Gap’, is the theme for the Annual Governors Conference, bookings open on Monday 16th November.
Herts for Learning (HfL) and Hertfordshire Association of School Governors (HASG) are delighted to confirm the rescheduled governor conference will be delivered digitally in spring 2021.
We took the decision to postpone the November 2020 date and reschedule for March 2021 in the hope ‘normal service will be resumed’. However, as we remain in an uncertain period, HfL and HASG have taken the decision to run the conference digitally, but over the week!
Monday 15th March – Friday 19th March 2021:
- A range of webinars will be accessible for you to view during this week at a time to suit you,
- The list of webinar titles will be shared prior to the conference dates below,
- The webinar links will be sent to governors who have booked a place; they will be accessed via a password-protected link which will be sent to you nearer the time.
Saturday 20th March 2021 – 9.30 am (duration will be approximately 3 hours):
- Welcome from HfL/HASG.
- Two keynote speakers presenting live on key topics:
- Dr. Kathy Weston, Chief Executive Officer, Tooled-Up Education
Kathy is widely regarded as one of the nation’s experts on parental engagement and is passionate about bridging the gap between research and real-life. Kathy will be delivering a session on the governors’ role in closing the gap in education.
- Short break.
- Kieran Murphy, Director, Phase
Kieran will be speaking about mental health within schools and the importance of promoting wellbeing and resilience with young people. Phase is a charity based in Hertfordshire that focuses on supporting children with their mental health. Kieran joined Phase in 2006 and is passionate about seeing change and transformation in young people.
There will be a small selection of exhibitors available to view during the conference.
The webinars and live event are open to all Hertfordshire governors at no cost.
Bookings will be live from Monday, 16th November 2020. From this date, bookings can be made via GovernorHub using your individual login – please select the ‘Annual Governor Conference’ entry on 20th March 2021. For non-GovernorHub subscribers, please email email@example.com with your full name and the school your represent. Our training team will book your place and confirm your booking.