Hertfordshire Outstanding Governor Awards 2019 Nominations Open
The HASG are pleased to announce that nominations have opened for the School Governor Awards 2019. We aim to celebrate outstanding and distinguished service by school governors and trustees in Hertfordshire. The winners of these awards will be announced as usual at the Hertfordshire Governors’ Annual Conference in November 2019. The prize structure remains the same as last year.
Read about last year’s winners here: Outstanding Governors 2018 – Hertfordshire School Governors
About the Awards
This is an award for an individual school governor’s or trustee’s work, service or commitment. The nomination statement will need to make clear the specific role that was played by the nominated person.
You may wish e.g. to nominate a governor who:
- regularly goes above and beyond a school governor’s typical commitment
- has successfully dealt with a crisis or has been recently successful with a specific project or initiative, which was driven by the individual governor
- has contributed to improvement in the schools’ sector – for example, by supporting other governing bodies to improve.
These are only examples and should not be considered as entry categories – other ways of outstanding or distinguished service will be equally worthy of consideration.
Awards & Prizes
- Prizes of £1,000 will be awarded to the schools of the two winning governors.
- Prizes of £250 will be awarded to the schools of the runners-up.
- Each winning governor will be awarded a £50 prize
- All nominators will be put into a prize draw and three will be drawn at random and be awarded a £25 prize.
The nomination form is downloadable from here:
- HASG Governor Awards Nomination Form 2019 (MS Word Document)
Closing date: Friday 31st May 2019.