Upcoming Events March – June 2019
The upcoming months see three events of interest for School Governors with two Teacher Recruitment Fairs and another Headteachers & Governors Update. This article also contains downloads and useful links from the Spring Update.
Teacher Recruitment Events
Two more Herts Teacher Recruitment Fairs are planned this year:
- Saturday 23 March 2019 – 9:30am – 1:00pm
Location: Fearnhill School, Icknield Way West, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, SG6 4BA
- Saturday 11 May 2019 – 9:30am – 1:00pm
Location: Goffs – Churchgate Academy, College Road, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9LY
Herts for Learning, the organisers, describe them as follows:
This year, for the first time, we have held two ‘Hertfordshire Get Into Teaching’ events specifically aimed at attracting new entrants and career changers to the teaching profession.
We are continuing with our award winning Hertfordshire Teacher Recruitment Fairs , the first took place in Watford in February and will be followed by events in Letchworth in March and Cheshunt in May, all of which will feature a mix of workshops, advice sessions and exhibiting schools. Last year we attracted over 600 delegates to these events.
These recruitment fairs are an essential event for experienced, new, returning or overseas qualified teachers or for anyone interested in teaching as a career.
Now into their fifth year, these hugely enjoyable events are FREE to attend. There will be a series of workshops running designed to inform, inspire and to support delegates looking to enter the profession or further their career. This is also a fantastic event for teachers looking to return to the profession.
In addition to the workshops, there will be representatives from Hertfordshire schools, Teaching School Alliances and School Direct providers. Experienced teaching professionals will be able to offer advice on all routes into teaching and be able to answer any specific questions that you may have.
We are delighted to announce the date for the next session is Thursday 20th June 2019. It will take place between 6 pm – 8 pm with light refreshments served at 5:30 pm at the Beales Hotel, Hatfield (AL10 9NG). Please feel free to join us.
There is a full programme this term and topics will cover:
- The Hertfordshire Perspective
- Ofsted update
- Feedback on the Ofsted Pilot Inspections
- Virtual School update
- SEN Specialist Provision
- Press Handling
- Safeguarding update
- HR update
Numbers are limited so to avoid disappointment please email Caroline Inglis (email@example.com) to confirm your attendance – this will assist with catering arrangements and printing of sufficient packs.
Spring Update Downloads & Links
- Heads Update March 2019,
- Whole School Approach to improving mental health & wellbeing,
- L6 Postgraduate Teaching Apprenticeship – FAQs for Schools,
- HASG Governor Awards Nomination Form 2019.
Links to Ofsted Documents
- School Inspection Update – November 2018,
- School Inspection Update – Special Edition – January 2019,
- Draft inspection handbooks for consultation – January 2019,
- HMCI Commentary.
Links to DfE Guidance Documents
- Schools Financial Value Standard SFVS,
- Find or join a school business professional network,
- School Complaints Procedures,
- Best practice guidance for school complaints procedures 2019 (updated 11 January 2019),
- Health and Safety in Schools,
- Mental Health and Behaviour in Schools,
- Due Diligence in academies and maintained schools.